Department of Housing and
Agency Work Unit Service Delivery North
Job Title Coordinator Housing Services Designation Administrative Officer 6
Job Type Full Time Duration Ongoing
Salary $83,909 - $93,800 Location Palmerston
Position Number 12142 RTF 129838 Closing 30/11/2017
Contact Annette Ballard on 08 89465026 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency Information www.nt.gov.au/housing
Information for Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and an attached detailed
Applicants resume/cv. For further information for applicants and example applications: click here
If you accept this position, a detailed summary of your merit (including work history, experience,
qualifications, skills, information from referees, etc.) will be provided to other applicants, to
ensure transparency and better understanding of the reasons for the decision. For further
information: click here
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce which is representative of the community
we serve. Therefore under an approved Special Measures recruitment plan, ATSI applicants
Special Measures will be given priority consideration and preference in selection for this vacancy if they meet all
essential selection criteria and are suitable at the position level. For further information: click
Apply Online Link https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/Application?rtfId=129838
Primary Objective: The Coordinator Housing Services is responsible for the provision of specific high-quality services within
the delivery of housing. The position is responsible for providing supervision and leadership to other staff within own team
and/or across the business unit and supporting divisional strategic objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage the implementation and delivery of housing and related services, including assisting with the ongoing analysis
and review of changing client needs, and implementation of key reforms to meet the department’s strategies in a
2. Identify staff development needs and training opportunities that ensure capability exists to carry out operational activities
in an efficient and effective manner and to achieve required performance outcomes.
3. Assist with the preparation of high standard, accurate and timely briefs, reports, high level submissions and Ministerial
and Legislative assembly Briefs on operational Department of Housing and Community Development issues.
4. Maintain effective partnerships with key stakeholders, service providers, government and non-government agencies to
deliver effective housing services.
5. Provide strategic advice to management and authoritative input into the development and review of housing operational
programs, policies and procedures.
6. Respond positively to change with a commitment to ongoing improvement and professional development.
1. Demonstrated leadership skills with extensive experience in staff management and proven ability to provide leadership
in a changing organisational and front line service delivery environment.
2. Capacity to think laterally and show good judgement, intelligence and common sense in developing solutions based
on strategic analysis.
3. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultures and continuously improve the delivery of
housing services to meet the changing needs of the client base.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to express ideas clearly and communicate with influence to a range of
internal and external stakeholders and clients, both orally and in writing, along with highly developed negotiation and
conflict resolution skills.
5. Ability to undertake strategic planning including the development of performance measures which are aligned with
government policy, environmental change and client needs and the demonstrated capacity to negotiate required
outcomes in complex situations.
6. Working knowledge, or proven ability to quickly acquire such knowledge, of functions, policies and regulatory controls
relating to public housing in the NT, including the Housing Act and Residential Tenancies Act.
7. A current Northern Territory C Class Drivers Licence or ability to obtain.
1. Tertiary qualifications relevant to the position and/or extensive relevant experience.
Approved: November 2017 Executive Director