Occupational Therapist Grade 1 - Entry Level Program
- Full Time Fixed Term Grade 1 - 24 months
- 80 hours per fortnight, including ADO
- Based at St Alban's Community Care Unit
Life with Us:
CCU is a 10 unit complex accommodating 20 beds, with 24-hour nursing care support. It provides recovery-focused rehabilitation in a community residential setting, to consumers who typically have multiple and complex needs. The aim is to increase an individual’s psychosocial independence through a variety of person-centred programs to develop daily living skills.
A Job to Be Proud Of:
- Provide occupational therapy services to consumers residing at St Albans Community Care Unit
- Contribute positively to the multidisciplinary team
- Be involved in the provision of occupational therapy assessments and interventions including; functional assessment, sensory modulation, group work, community participation, discharge planning, and community liaison
- Passionate about working with people presenting mental illness you are committed to delivering a standard of quality patient care
- You enjoy working within a multidisciplinary team within a rehabilitation setting
- You hold high professional standards, are accountable for your decisions and committed to further developing your career
- You have a strong assessment, clinical reasoning, problem-solving and prioritisation skills teamed with a willingness to learn
- You will play a key role in the delivery of Occupational Therapy interventions as well as a Group program and hold a Portfolio along with Case Management of clients
Our Commitment to You:
- NWMH boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development
- We are a values-based organisation. A career with us is a rewarding experience, offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- Attractive salary and working conditions including annual and CPD leave, salary sacrifice
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Supervision and clinical guidance will be provided by the Grade 2 Occupational Therapist and extensive training and development opportunities will be supported by the North Western Mental Health Entry Level Program for Occupational Therapy
Connect With Us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au or click ‘Apply Now’.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: