This senior role provides leadership and clinical support to two therapeutic community houses (residential rehabilitation) at Box Hill and Wantirna
- Full Time Position
- Eastern Suburbs Location
- Not-for-profit Organisation
About the Role:
This senior role provides leadership and clinical support to two therapeutic community houses (residential rehabilitation) at Box Hill and Wantirna.
The role forms part of the Inner East leadership team and is responsible for therapeutic programming, coordination and integration, operational leadership, service planning, and providing guidance, support, and direction to the integrated youth mental health workers in the houses.
The 2 residential rehabilitation houses support young people aged 16-25 who are suffering from a serious mental illness, and/or are at risk of homelessness and experiencing deteriorating family and social connections.
The team leader role will assist young people to achieve their individual goals for recovery by providing leadership that promotes a service that is youth orientated, developmentally appropriate, trauma informed, and stimulating and diverse in nature.
Some on call will be required.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding in working with youth mental health, the impacts of trauma, homelessness, early school departure and family conflict.
- Advanced and operational knowledge of therapeutic community processes and the community and mental health sector in Victoria
- Extensive experience relevant to working therapeutically with young people and families
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and make decisions in high pressure situations,
- Demonstrated understanding of the principals of youth development and recovery
- Appropriate tertiary qualification
Why You Should Apply?
- Innovative, friendly, dynamic team
- Excellent supervision and consultation opportunities
- Join a vibrant and innovative not for profit organisation committed to an integrated approach to service, and help make a positive difference in the lives of over forty thousand people each year.
- Values and the way we interact with each other and our customers are extremely important to us. We Care, We Listen, We Engage, We Deliver.
- We strive to provide seamless coordinated care. Whilst we are not there yet, we are constantly working on our processes with a commitment to service, advocacy and innovation to achieve this.
- Not For Profit Salary Packaging Available
A contemporary not-for-profit EACH provides a range of health disability, counselling and mental health services to the community. From humble beginnings established in the Outer East of Melbourne over 44 years ago, committed teams at EACH now consist of over 1300 staff across 65 sites throughout the eastern states of Australia. Together we support over 40 000 clients annually.
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community. Our values promote Customer Centricity, Social Justice, Service Excellence, Innovation and Collaboration - and these underpin the way we work and deliver our services. You can find out more about us here - http://www.each.com.au
We recognise that not everyone experiences life equally. Our focus is about creating opportunities for equitable outcomes. No matter what someone's starting place, we will support them to achieve their goals.
We embrace diversity in all its forms and respect everyone's strength and contributions irrespective of gender, ethnicity, culture, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political views.
Applicants are requested to submit a resume and cover letter outlining their suitability for the role.
For specific information about the role, please contact: Julie Blacker - Inner East Area Manager phone on 0417 260 675
Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted by Friday 5 October 2018. Interviews are expected to take place from Monday 8 October 2018.
Vacancy closes 5pm, Thursday 4 October 2018.
We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies.
Please note that all appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening checks including; Police Record Check, Working with Children Check, Disability Work Exclusion Scheme Check, Reference Checks and APHRA Registration Check.